Ipsos Survey Site: Review of Pros and Cons
November 28, 2018
If you want to know more about what Ipsos Survey Site is all about and how safe it is, then you probably want to start your research from the roots. I-Say is in the ownership of Ipsos Group.
Ipsos is a market research company that operates as a connection between companies and their potential customers, with the first one requiring their opinions to an upcoming product. And one of those who can evaluate a potential product can be you.
Nonetheless, before doing so you much probably want to check whether is it safe or not to join the site and you are in the right place.
Today I decided to make a detailed review on Ipsos I-Say where I will answer all the questions regarding the website. Let’s get right in!
Is I-Say Legitimate Site?
I-Say survey site is part of the Ipsos group, which is well-known in the market research industry, and this leaves very little to doubt of something insecure or unsafe around it. I-Say is well-known for its legitimacy.
How it Works
As in any survey-site, the main goal of I-Say survey site is to connect the companies that need the opinion and reviews on their products before they are launched in the market, with the survey-takers. With the latter set to get rewarded for the favor.
A connection this from which the 1st and 2nd party get the most benefits out of it, as not always the same is true for the last but the main category — the opinion givers.
There are a points system in I-Say that gives you from 10 to 100 and sometimes even more for each successfully taken survey ( if not declined), and the amount of points varies from the time the survey requires or other requirements to do so.
Unlike most of the other survey-sites, in I-Say you will still be rewarded 5 points even when you screen out or get rejected from a survey while you were still on it, which happens pretty often.
Also, there is a bonus of 50 points which can be redeemed once you have completed 10 surveys, while 200 points can be yours after you have completed 50 such.
Once you have at least 500 points you can start choosing one of the varieties of gift cards or rewards from Facebook game e-cards, Starbucks, Amazon, Target or even Visa or PayPal funds, among the others.
Who Can Use It
In this section I don’t have good news for everyone, as I-Say decided against making itself available to the worldwide audience. Instead, the website can be used only by citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom or Canada. Adding that you have to be over 18 years of age.
The main reason why most the companies decided to not go worldwide is mostly because the companies they cooperate with and their respective audience is exactly from those areas, and that’s where they aim for. A narrow target.
By the other hand, this is good news for the small list of countries able to join as there is expected to be more opportunities to them, a percentage this, which would slightly go lower if more competition would be around.
The help desk of the website is known to be pretty responsive, but not the same can be said on the way they manage the customers issues, which leaves a lot to wish.
In most cases they do get back to their customers with a solution, even though not at a fast pace, but their incapability to come up with a solution on some recent cases has made a group of customers unhappy, and that can be seen on the reviews they received.
Ways You Can Earn
There are several ways available at hand for you to collect points inside the i-Say platform. The main factor why a task pays more than the other is mainly because of the time required to complete it, while the preferences and special job or scholarship related preferences are among the others. Let’s have a look at what I-Say survey-site is known for!
- Online Surveys – It is not very easy to find a survey you can take in I-Say, however, if you are about to complete one, that means you will receive points in the range of 40 to 100. The bad news is that a lot of them will “disqualify” you for not meeting their criteria and some of them even while you are still on it, but that will still reward you with 5 points for participating, something not all the survey sites do.
- Mobile App Surveys – The same surveys but in the mobile version, compatible for both Android and iOS. Except that you can take a survey on the go, using their mobile application means you will be able to turn on notifications sent to you to let you know when a new survey is available for you to grab it. How cool is that?
- Loyalty Program – Through their loyalty program, you will be granted 25 extra points for every 5 surveys completed or up to 200 points when you have 50 surveys completed. In addition to that, if during the period of 1st of January to the 31st of December of a year you reach 200 completed surveys then you are granted 600 points as a reward. A cute gift for Christmas.
- Contests – There is a draw that happens every 4 months that every new joiner is eligible to join for free, with the winner set to earn a price of $100. There are 30 lucky winners in total every time the contest takes place.
- Referral Program – A successful referral is considered a friend, family member or anyone you share your referral link with and the same goes on to complete the first survey. 100 points are rewarded for every successful referral to the site, while a lot of times there are promoting offers that will reward you more than the regular promised points for the same favor.
- Some of the most common sample rewards available to redeem through collected points on I-Say include:
- $5 Facebook Game card or Starbucks Card ( points required: 500, delivery time: instant)
- $10 Amazon Gift Card ( points required: 1000, delivery time: instant)
- $15 PayPal Funds ( points required: 1530, delivery time: 2-3 weeks)
- $20 Visa Prepaid Card ( points required: 2000, delivery time: 3-5 weeks)
I am sure that after having a look at the ways you can earn using I-Say, you want to check if there is something else you need to know about it, the side not everyone will want to tell you about. As in every site or product, I-Say has its side you will not be so happy to hear about.
To make you known of it, below I have decided to note down some of the most common and recent complaints about this site.
- Lack of Offers – A few customers of the site have suggested that they got around 4-8 surveys per week by email, while the majority strongly disagrees, with the standard being less than two of them per week. A good reason this to doubt the capability of the site for some extra money you would want weekly. Let alone daily.
- Not effective customer service – The number of unhappy customers is not small and that on the rise. The help desk is not as responsive as per guests’ needs and even less can be said on the effect on their job, leaving many customers frustrated and with no choice but to quit the site.
- Demographic restrictions – Not all the surveys are available to any country, as some of them require a special citizenship for you to be able to join. It is not so fun to be excluded, is it?
- Hard Referring System – Unlike most of the other websites you may have been part of before where you could refer someone to the site by simply copying the link and sending to your potential referral, I-Say referring system is way more complicated. In order to refer someone on I-Say, you have to have their email address, and that’s the only way you can invite someone in. Which complicates things if you would want to invite people you are not or have not ever been in contact with.
- Low earning potential – Like most of the survey sites, I-Say, sure enough is not a promising way to make money online. The fact that you have to spend around an hour or even more for the sake of earning 100 points, which are worthy not more than $1, is not very impressive.
Name: Ipsos I-Say
Usability: 4.0 out of 5
Customer Service: 3.5 out of 5
System functionality: 3.8 out of 5
Earning potential: 2.6 out of 5
Profit withdrawal: 3.9 out of 5
Overall rating: 3.4 out of 5
If you are looking for something more than a pastime, then joining I-Say Ipsos survey site is not the one you are looking for, as that’s all this site is about– a pastime.
Low earning potential, long time required for a survey to be completed and the often system issues already reported by other users make this site less favorite by the survey takers worldwide.
However, if you want to simply skip the cons and want to experience it yourself then you can do so for free by simply clicking here.
Got your answer and now you know that I-Say is not what you are looking for? Check out my #1 Recommendation on Online Entrepreneurship and start your journey Today, and that for free. Click on the link to learn more!