Is Swagbucks Legitimate or a Scam in Disguise?
May 3, 2018
Whether the company you are working at is going low on budget and needs to show the door to some its employees, or you just had enough with your demanding boss and decided to leave – for one reason or another, in one time or the other, any of us find ourselves unemployed. As everyone got bills to pay and money is a necessity for anyone, we all like to earn money or even some “extra” to add to our income.
So you start searching for some legit money making website.
And one of the most famous ways to make money online today is by “getting paid per click”. Companies are paying people per clicks on videos, posts or even searches. SwagBucks tops the list.
As internet has evolved drastically in last 10-15 years, and is doing so daily, Prodege LLC based in El Segundo, California decided to bring the revolutionary idea of sharing their affiliate programs with their customers. Video, gaming, shopping or even searching. SwagBucks pays you to do things you HAVE to do anyway. Pretty smart, isn’t it.
I did not plan to write a love story on SwagBucks though, with plenty of glitches and unhappy customers resenting for various reasons. Instead, today I decided to give my honest review on the most important features SwagBucks has to offer. Is Swagbucks legitimate?
Why some people are not satisfied? Can something be wrong with a rewarding program?
SwagBucks – All You Need To Know
Category: Online rewards portal
Company and Location: Prodege LLC, El Segundo, California
Owners: Josef Gorowitz, Scott Dudelson, Ron Leshem, Eron Zehavi
CEO: Chuck Davis, former ShopZilla and Fandango
Training: 4.2 out of 5
Cost: Free to join
Mobile Application: 4.4 out of 5
Customer service: 4.2 out of 5
Rewards redeeming: 3.9 out of 5
Earning potential: 3.8 out of 5
Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5
Is SwagBucks Legitimate and How It Works
SwagBucks is a legitimate online rewarding program where people can earn rewards doing things they HAVE or NEED to do daily. This includes searching on its browser, watching videos, doing surveys or even shopping at stores – such as Target, Walmart and Amazon and get rewards for every $ spent.
While things listed above are in your to-do list almost daily, why not get rewards and redeem some coupons out of them.
SwagBucks has its own currency called SB, which in most cases is worth $1cent. You will get paid in SBs and by collecting specific amount of them, you will be able to buy or redeem a gift card through them, or use as part of any discount. The same coupon you can use on a movie night, discount on shopping or simply as a PayPal withdrawal.
Who Can Use It
SwagBucks is available to anyone who has a computer in front and know the basics of how it functions. Except regular side, this website has its mobile application as well making it very easy to have access in the comfort of your couch. Pretty much everything functions the same way and it is as far as a tap of your finger.
Cost and Value
It is completely free to sign-up and you will also receive a 30SB gift upon joining. If you have nothing to do or want to earn some extra money doing the regular daily things, then you can give a try to see how it works for you. However, as it is reported by multiple sources, the possibility to go over $4 per hour through SwagBucks is pretty low.
Not something you want to lean on paying the bills.
Is There Any Training Program?
It is one of the most frequent questions made especially by those who are trying to figure out if SwagBucks is something they want to start with. The answer is YES.
Step-by-step, mostly video training is provided by the company itself. To not forget to mention the wide forum with millions of members already helping each other posting questions and answering to each-other.
It would be not ethical at all to say that SwagBucks lacks efficient costumer service. They possess very helpful costumer service and that is something they deserve to be cheered on. Supportive to their members needs and request, that is a part they certainly can be proud of.
Ways You Can Earn Using SwagBucks
Now I will bring you the main features this website got its roots on. It started as an online rewards portal, later on to add SodaHead, the online polling technology. By time they decided to go on as a website.
They are numerous legit ways you can earn SBs and I decided to bring them together, so you can have a clue what you can expect and how they work.
- Earn 30 SB upon joining the site – Sign-up is free.
- Surveys – There are plenty of surveys available to take daily, but not always they are worthy. Before setting on going hard on them, you better count the reward and the time required to complete it.
- Daily polls – 1 Survey made of simple questions is available daily, with the reward of 1SB.
- Watch video – You can watch various kinds of videos while earning rewards.
- Shop – While shopping online in preferred stores like Target, Walmart, Amazon and a lot more, you will get 1SB for every $ spent in there.
- Trade-in feature – One of the most preferred features of SwagBucks is that you can trade your old stuff or the ones you are no longer using, for SB.
- Referrals – Their affiliate program is pretty generous, I would say. You will be rewarded 1000SB for every newcomer you referred and also, you will receive 10% the value of their total income.
- Special Offers and codes – There is also a feature called “special offer” where you are granted offers “No cost No obligation”. Many people are also fans of the famous “Swag codes”. The latter can be found in specific places, like at the end of an article, at a specific website, or even while searching at SwagBucks browser. They can also be found in various websites that bring them together and you have to check from time to time for an available code.
As I promised you by the beginning of this article, I will give my honest review on SwagBucks and not merely some dust over the eyes. And I believe there is something you should know about it as well.
Below, I decided to bring some comments that got my attention when exploring on the review.
It gets worse. They are not alone.
If you are still wandering if SwagBucks is legitimate or not – The Answer is YES – It is totally legitimate and safe.
The earning capability is pretty low though, and you surely do not want to sit around all day doing surveys with rewards that is not guaranteed to fit you, as they are limited. Let’s have a look at the other part of the medal:
- No guaranteed rewards through search feature – you will not like this.
- Limited gift cards redeemable – you have limited cards available to redeem every month. A Limit of 2 for most of them.
- Banned for no specific reason – The possibility for you to get banned from SwagBucks for “no reason” as some ex-customers say, is pretty high. The most well-known factor is odd history searches in the browser. Plenty of customers got banned, causing them to lose all their rewards in the process. Wow!
- Low earning potential – The chances to pay your bills at the end of the month simply by SwagBucks income is pretty low.You don’t want to work all day and not be able to pay your bills at the end of the month, do you?
Some extra money at the end of the month or some sort of discount of any kind, does no bad to nobody, obviously. However, if you are interested in forming a stable and firm income online, then I recommend that you start your online business, work on it and the results will not be missing certainly.
The fact that you can have YOUR OWN blog created in less than 30 seconds, is a dream come true for many and hope for many more. You should consider if you plan to not be glued to a “9-5 job”, just to end up exercising the duty of an accountant as well, as you have to make an account monthly if you can pay all the bills or not. And that’s not fun, is it.
Above I have presented a detailed comparison on SwagBucks and the most advanced program when it comes to online marketing industry – Wealthy Affiliate( click the link for a detailed review).
At the same time, I recommend you to Join Wealthy Affiliate today.
Free Starters Membership, thousands of video-training, step-by-step guide to get started, live chat with over 1.5M members and even one-on-one training from the OWNER HIMSELF. Over 15 years experience in the industry. I can assure you. They know what they are doing.
This was my honest review on SwagBucks. If you have any question or want to know something more, feel free to contact in my personal email or simply by leaving a comment below. I will be happy to assist you.